Sunday, December 16, 2012

Why Not? by Chris Allan

Last summer, my family and I got two new puppies. We had decided on getting the puppies because ever since our old dog, Coco, died, we really missed having a family pet. It had only been about 2 months before our last dog died, but it felt like an eternity without having one. We needed a dog in our lives, so we all happily agreed to go get a new one. Originally we were going to only get one new dog, but getting one new dog quickly became getting two new dogs. My family and I were going to pick a pup from a breeder in New Hampshire. We had always had cocker spaniels in the past and we wanted the same type, so we went to this dog breeder because she specialized in cocker spaniels only. Driving up to New Hampshire was so exciting, I just couldn't wait until I had a new puppy(or even two). Me and my family were debating on what we should name it, so we came up with penny if we picked a girl, or buddy if we picked a boy. When we arrived at the breeders house, we were greeted by the breeder and about 12 adorable puppies to choose from. Picking sure was hard, because I wanted to take every one of them. My family and I felt so overwhelm by the amount of dogs. I looked around a bit and played with all of the puppies, but eventually I was getting attached to the smallest little dog of the group. He was small, he had brown fur, and he had bright blue eyes. We loved to lick my hand and he was running all over the place. I knew that this is the dog we should pick. My parents on the other hand had picked out a very hyper blonde puppy. She was almost as small as the dog I picked, but she was about three times as crazy. She was sprinting circles around us, she jumping all over the place, and she just loved to play. I could tell that my mom and dad loved this dog already because they had smiles on their faces as they watch the little dog run around with the rest of the group. "We are getting this one Christopher, that is final."-said my mom. "Instead of choosing, why don't we just get both of them?"-I said back. "Having two dogs is way too much responsibility, and twice as much training and work!"-my mom said. After arguing about it for a while, my dad decided to side with me and vote for getting both dogs. "I can't possibly choose between them both, and having two dogs will be a fun and new experience." Said my dad. "Fine, we will get both dogs." said Mom, "I admit it is going to be fun, and both of them are such sweet dogs, so why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment