Sunday, December 16, 2012
One Strange Winter Day by Myles Owens
My brother hid my sled under the porch outside and flipped it over so the white part was blending in with the snow. The board was as white as the snow. After I got my board, my brother and cousins said, "We're cold and want to go inside for some warm tea." I said to them, "Leme go one time" they all said "okay" and when I turned around to fix my sled they were gone. At first I thought they were trying to ditch me but while getting on to the sled I saw a muscular, big headed dog starring directly at my face. I was absolutely scared our of my mind when I noticed him. The way that the dog looked like he weighed twice as much as I did. He had sharp teeth and a triangle shaped head and when I looked at him his ears were sticking up straight. His black fur made him stand out in the snow. I could see the wetness on his nose because he was so close to my face. I didn't move while he was starring at me. I slowly got up and he started barking directly at me. Then I started to run as fast as I can but my little legs and the foot of snow slowed me down. While I was running away I could barely hear the dog coming behind me because the barking hurt my ears. It felt like blood was dripping from my ears but it was the snow form the wind. My ears were ringing as I ran to my garage. Before I could get to the garage the dog jumped on my back and I fell face first into the snow. I looked up but could not see anything because there was snow on my face; I turned and saw my brother and cousins looking at me scared out of their mind. I could still feel the dogs paws on my back but when he was very close to biting me until I heard the owner yelling at the dog to stop. My parents finally came out and the owner talked to them and they took me inside to warm up. While taking my snow cloths off I recognized a rip in my pants from the dog. I could not feel it but the dog bit me, it was hard to understand how could not feel it. For the rest of the day we talked about how my cousins and brother were scared out of their minds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment