Sunday, December 16, 2012
Untitled by Evan Montgomery
I was in the computer lab finishing up some religion homework that I forgot to do, when Ms. Chen walked by, she came in and said , "Evan, you need to go to the theater now to practice for morning meeting." We practiced on friday, but over the weekend, I had forgotten. "Okay, give me a sec." I printed out the religion paper, got my stuff, and sprinted down the breezeway. I got my stuff from my locker and just made it in time for morning meeting. I ran in, found a seat, and sat down. I was sitting next to Andrew Olivo and behind Ariyand Aminpour. We talked together for no more than 10 seconds before Mr. Hamblet told us to quiet down. He talked on for about 15 minutes, I thought he had forgotten about our class, I was relieved. "Okay, we have a presentation from the 7th grade chinese class today, so could they come up to the stage." Mr. Hamlet stated, Andrew laughed as I walked up to the stage. We started the cheesy dance for chinese class, everybody laughed, but not loudly, a little chuckle here and there. As we got to the free-style part, Eamonn Duffy was looking at me thinking I wouldn't go out there and slide across the stage like I did when practicing Friday, he would bet his bottom dollar that I wouldn't do it, but I did, I ran out onto the stage and slid across releasing my fan to spread it out, the whole theatre burst out laughing as this cheesy middle school performance turned into a comedy show. As we finished up I walked off the stage and right away got a high-five from Colin Carroll, I sat down as Andrew and Ariyand were laughing about what I had just done, there was an empty seat Next to Ariyand, Sam Papile sits down in it, he noticed he missed the performance, he was happy he didn't have to go up there. For the rest of the day that was all I heard about, Ms. Chen even said I was the star of the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment