Sunday, December 16, 2012

Head Ache by Sean Feehily

My dad and I went with my friend on a skiing trip to Loon mountain, which for my dad was all about falling. Every time I see a ski helmet it reminds me of this trip. I have two specific parts of this trip are connected to a ski helmets. One is when my father slammed his head on a chairlift. On this cold crispy morning we were all on our way up the chair lift to the top of Loon. I turned to my dad and said, "I can't believe you don't have a helmet." He replied in a sarcastic voice, "I'll be fine". This was a long and cool ride to the top of the mountain and it was getting frigid as we got higher. As we were getting off the chair lift, we all stumbled. My snowboard clipped my dad as it slashed his skis. Wham! His head got whacked by the chairlift, the cold, hard metal chair lift. The heavy metal that is freezing cold pounded his head into the ground. He crawled away from the chairlift unharmed and out into the open as I laughed under my breath. I asked my dad, "Are you ok?" Then we all started laughing, even my dad started laughing. We started to go down the hill, but my friend and I go down much faster than our dads. We joked about it on the way down the smooth yet icy slopes. We made fun of him saying, "That is why you always wear a helmet." Once we got down the long yet fast paced trip down the mountain, we headed up for another run. We made it through the chairlift unscathed this time and we were about to head down. We all turned around to see a kid who had been standing still, fall. He fell down a hill into the woods for no apparent reason. Once at the bottom of the hill, he began yelling and screaming for help. Luckily, unlike my father, this kid was wearing a helmet. I started laughing so much I could no even get my snowboard on. We were all shaking with laughter as this poor kid is stuck. As we were sitting there watching, his parents didn't even notice at first. They started to leave when they realized he was missing. They came back astonished to find him stuck in the trees, down a hill. He couldn't get out, which made me laugh harder. They helped him out, so we continued down the trial. We talked about how it was a pretty funny day with these two incidents involving ski helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment