Sunday, December 16, 2012
The New Defender by Jack Nisbet
The beautiful soft hot sand pressing against my feet. The pain on my back from carrying around all the beach gear. The sound of my cousin crying because she was extremely hungry and yelling, "are we almost there yet, than my aunt yelling back "5 more minutes" because my cousin knew we had a long walk till we arrived at our favorite spot on south carolinas private beach in Hilton Head. The crashing waves, and the dead jelly fish flopped lying at the edge of the water, and being able to see the guts out of it because of the bikes that trampled over them. The beautiful sail boats that were sailing away about 2 miles into the sea. All I could hear when we arrived at our favorite spot on the beach was the palm trees swaying as the wind blows them. Our favorite spot is surrounded by sand dunes; it felt like we had the whole beach to ourselves. I dropped my cooler, my beach chair , and ran down to the water screaming "paradise at last". As I walked down all that was on mind was my dog, named lily, sprinting behind me. Lily was an English Bulldog who was 2 at the time. She ran into the water as fast as she could; splashing and having a great time. A couple of seconds after, I saw a perfect spiraling football coming right at me , I stuck my hands out not to catch the ball, but to protect myself from it nailing me in the head. My hands blocked the ball, and soon after I

saw my brother going out for a pass; I got up from under the water and threw the ball towards my brother. The next blaring thing that I see is my brother diving towards the ball, he catches it then makes a Sprawling splash into the water "great catch" I scream then with his cocky twist to himself he stand up and says, "I know tell me something that I don't know." My brothers name was mike and he was 8 at the time. once he got up, seconds later my uncle gathered us up to make a very exciting football game. While listening to him I could hear lily panting cause she just chased after my brother. The game that we were gonna play is one of us would be a quarter back, one a wide receiver, and one person a corner back. The wide receiver would go out for a pass and the corner back would try to cover. The first play was I was supposed to go out for a slant, and then go deep. When my uncle said hike I bolted as fast as lightening, and soon beat my brother with speed and got the easy reception. I then told my uncle "this task was a breeze". It was my brothers turn to go out for a pass. As my uncle was talking to my brother about what play he was going to go out for a pass I was trying to play with lily. As the time came Mike started off slow than bolted deep. I was on him tight then I took a digger, but lily started chasing after my brother. When he was about to haul the ball into his arms lily took his feet out and knocked him over. My brother started to burst in tears and my uncle came over to help him up and carrying him up to my mom. Lily who was the MVP of the game saved me from a loss to my brother which would of been really embarrassing. 'If it wasn't for you" I said to her. she waged her tail, and ran back up to Mike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It started out vague but you brought it together by the end. Amazing story and great detail and story. -Bobby
ReplyDelete