Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tastes so Good, but Hurts so Bad by Steven Connelly

Tastes so good but hurts so bad One sunny summer day in Pomponesset, Cape Cod, I was sitting on an old white bench drinking a cold green can of Mountain Dew that tasted like a sweet citric liquid while in the Pomponesset marketplace. I was waiting for my friends Brendan and Liam who were in the small gray general store just behind the old white bench. I had started to get bored waiting for them so I began to rip the green Mountain Dew can apart and in half. Just as they emerged from the small gray general store my left pointer finger slipped on an sharp uneven edge on the can and slit my finger open with a 1/4 inch deep cut that had sliced through the tip of it and down the first 1/3 of the pointer finger. I didn't see the deep blood cut at first, which was unusual considering how bad it was, but my friend notice and I heard him point out the gushing red blood flowing out of the top of my finger. Once I noticed I found my mom as soon as I could and I told "Mom I slit my finger open." After I told her we got in the olive green Volvo SUV car and she rushed around looking for a walk in medical facility while I was holding a white fluffy napkin on my still bloody finger trying to stop the red gushing blood from coming out.Then we found a Walgreens after 20 minutes and the pharmacist said "I had to wear tight white butterfly strips and put peroxide on my finger for the rest if the week. " When I had put the butterfly strips on in the car my finger bleed much more and the cut stung like a wasp.As a result of this happening I have a scar on my finger and the tip of it is now lopsided. Every time I play basketball I notice because it took away some grip so the ball will slip away more when I use my left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment